Intitulé du poste: PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER
Nom de l'entreprise: ECONET WIRELESS
Lieu de travail: Bujumbura
Délai limite de dépôt du dossier: 22-11-2022
Chaussée Prince Louis Rwagasore
A. Key Responsibilities : KEEP TRACK OF PURCHASE ORDERS, TRACK AND MAINTAIN SHIPMENTS
- Plans action of requests under allocated portfolios for procurement
- Supports the procurement and logistics manager in maintaining accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Communicates with suppliers on a weekly basis with regards to updates in an delays that may occur in delivery of cargo i.e. hijackings, floods, delays in flights and strikes
- Receives Air Way Bill numbers for confirmed orders from supplier for cargo delivery dates and tracking i.e. road consignment notes or Bills of Lading if coming by sea
- Tracks cargo movements using internet facilities of courier companies
- Ensures that the agent submits a Bill of Entry to Burundi Revenue Authority, thorough checking and if they are errors the documents is corrected and if correct its passed on to the next level for payment and documents are released
- Receives customs clearance documents and facilitates the release of cargo from Burundi Revenue Authority through its final check point.
- Ensures that all Cargo is delivered on time through arranging for appropriate transportation modes to various warehouses.
PREPARE PURCHASE ORDERS AND HANDLE INQUIRES ABOUT ORDERS
- Contact suppliers for price quotes; prepares requisitions and get authorizing signature before ordering
- Purchases goods and services within established limits and approved supplier list as provided by the Supply Chain Function and within agreed budgets.
- Receives approved purchase requisition and verifies approval level and all necessary approvals are done
- Verifies specifications and pricing for products/services requested with user departments
- Sources at least three quotes and performs supplier selection evaluation focusing on delivery lead-time, price and payment terms.
- Generates purchases orders to selected suppliers and submits for approval in line with procurement policies and controls.
- Receives approved purchase orders and communicates with selected suppliers.
- Responds to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations.
VERIFY PACKAGES AND SUPPLIER APPROVAL
- Prepares, maintains and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Approves the best products or services that have low prices after reviewing and analyzing all options.
- Ensures that the products or services are of highly quality and cost effective.
- Assists higher level buyers with selection of bidders, public bid openings, preliminary bid evaluation, brand comparisons and final award of bids.
- Conducts research concerning new products and general commodity requirements.
- Processes requisitions.
- Verify with customs on the best tariff to use upon receipt of commercial invoices from suppliers.
- Work with a clearing agent who will prepare a worksheet to arrive at duties to be collected by Burundi Revenue Authority
- Receives and verifies the details of the worksheet and commercial invoice to confirm accuracy of the calculations before forwarding for authorization.
- Ensures and develops good rapport with internal customers and suppliers.
- Maintain good relations with the suppliers
- Submit final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department, submits the authorized documentation to Finance-Assets for coding and advance payment.
- CLOSING PURCHASE ORDERS
- Verify with respective departments for services received and close the POs in Oracle
- Verify the Goods Received Vouchers with warehouse and close all POs in Oracle B. Education
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, Business or a related field.
- Additional professional studies will be an added advantage. (CIPS, ACPOP, NAEP etc.) C. Experience
EXPERIENCE AND APPLICATION
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment. Please apply via email to: email@example.com or bring your application to HR department, clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject area. Closing date for all applications is Tuesday, 22 November 2022 at 5PM.
Please note only short listed applicants will be responded to.