Intitulé du poste: Administration Officer, Limited Fixed Term P3
Nom de l'entreprise: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Délai limite de dépôt du dossier: 17-10-2022
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) seeks individuals of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND AND JOB PURPOSE
The Job holder in this position reports directly to the Head of Finance/Administration Unit and under the general guidance of the Country Director.
The incumbent operates with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that administrative objectives are achieved in full. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work.
The incumbent contributes to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
- Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
- Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other related tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant fields relating to office management and administration; or First University degree in these domains with additional years of related work experience.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in French and English languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience: At least five (5) years of postgraduate professional experience in Administration.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.
- Has provided support in leading projects and input into function policies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Limited Fixed Term, P3
Unit/Division: WFP Burundi/ Administration
Duty Station(City, Country): Bujumbura, Burundi
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications: 17th October 2022
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment