Intitulé du poste: Finance Manager
Nom de l'entreprise: CHRISTIAN AID
Délai limite de dépôt du dossier: 26-09-2022
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
About the role
The role is based in Bujumbura, Burundi and works closely with the Country Director to set the direction of finance in the country program and will be managed by the Burundi Country Director for Burundi program support. As an SMT member, must work closely and in a seamless way with Programme Manager, Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer, Program Communication Officer and Program Gender, Inclusion and safeguarding Advisor in the Burundi program. The individual will supervise and ensure the delivery of the projects and work closely with the project officers in Economic Justice, Health Justice and From Violence to Peace.
- Christian Aid Burundi is provided with a level of business support, operations management, financial analysis and People information which will inform and guide strategic and operational decision making in the short-term, mid-term, and long-term with a focus on delivering on the country strategy and ensuring a demonstrated alignment to the global strategy.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Internal controls are robust and safeguard Christian Aid Burundi’s assets. Policies and procedures are regularly updated to reflect changing business needs and emerging best practice in line with CA’s policy framework. Investigations into misuse or misapplication of funds are performed with due sensitivity to reputational, security and legal concerns.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to the SMT in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures.
- Statutory, legislative and other financial reporting requirements are complied with to preserve Christian Aid Burundi’s reputation for timely and transparent accountability. Restricted funds, contract income and other funds with donor-stipulations are managed in line with donor expectations and in collaboration with program teams.
- On-going relationships with Christian Aid Burundi’s bankers, auditors and investment managers are managed with a high degree of strategic insight and integrity.
- Appropriate financial systems support the business needs and provide assurance of a strong control environment within the country program and within partner organizations on active CA contracts.
- Analyses, designs, documents, and implements internal reporting systems and procedures for the organization within specified functional area of operation, as applicable to the specified functional area of focus giving programs and administration teams clarity through period updates.
- In the areas of treasury management, ensures an appropriate balance between risk and return in the management of cash and other liquid assets and delivers grant-making to partners that optimises foreign currency translations.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within the organization and its partners regarding the nature and application operating policies and procedures
- Supports the effective delivery of CA Burundi’s partnership model and ensures that risks and opportunities are adequately managed to bring partner delivery to international standards.
- The CA Burundi’s operations and finance team contributes (through participation, research and leadership) to a range of organizational initiatives including accountability and transparency, value for money, agility, people, and project functionality
- Manages and provides day-to-day leadership to various technical, professional, and/or administrative personnel (Finance Officer, IT Officer, Security & Logistics Officer) engaged in financial management, program delivery, logistics and security management.
- Champions digital transformation and supports the IT Officer in delivering digital solutions that enhance MEAL processes and the delivery of quality programs for CA and partners.
- May represent the organization to governmental agencies, funding agencies, national organizations, and the general public; may represent the Country Director at various community and business meetings, as assigned.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Oversees budgeting, planning, reporting and audit.
- Build strong alliances and partnerships
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, to support the country program through responsibility for operational and financial strategy, planning, financial stewardship and control, and enhancing organization-wide business improvement. The post holder will provide a wide range of business support, financial analysis and information to the SMT and Program-Finance Task Force to guide strategic decision-making and day-to-day operations. The post holder will support the professional development of finance, logistics and security staff within the Burundi country program, as well as lead on People function building a motivated and professional team.
The Finance Manager will oversee procurement processes and strategic service contracts to ensure procedural compliance and quality service delivery and will have overall responsibility for country program financial management and compliance to CA policies. The post holder will demonstrate advanced competencies in mastering donor contracts, regulations, and policies. The post holder will provide inspired leadership in the area of operational excellence encompassing finance, logistics, People, security and the delivery of CA.
Competency questions (if required)
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Please tell us about a time when you had to coordinate work where there conflicting demands on both time and resources and where you had to negotiate and adapt resources requirements accordingly
- What was the context? What were the conflicting demands?
- What was your role? What was expected of you?
- What action(s) did you take? Why? How?
- What were the results? In what way(s) were you successful? How did you know?
- Please give us an example of a time when you took a long-term strategic perspective while recognising that short term decisions might compromise future options.
- What was the context? Why was it important to take a long-term strategic perspective?
- What was your responsibility?
- What actions did you take? Why?
- What was the impact? Were you successful? How did you know?
- Tell us about a time when you had to apply a range of negotiating and influencing skills to secure an agreement with a diverse group of people or stakeholders where there was little common ground?
- What was the situation? What was the challenge? Why were advanced skills needed?
- What was your specific role?
- What strategies did you employ? Why? How effective were they?
- What were the results? Did you secure an agreement? If so, what was the critical factor?
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
At Christian Aid we strive to be an inclusive and diverse employer and recognise the value that this brings in helping to build strong, creative and high performing teams.
We are actively encouraging racialised minorities, people with disabilities, returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people with caring responsibilities, people from low socioeconomic backgrounds, women, and older workers to apply. This is because these groups are under-represented within our teams, especially at senior level, and we recognise and value the contributions members of these groups make to strong, creative and high performing teams.
We have a strong Christian ethos and we encourage applications from all faiths and none (with the exception of Director positions where there is a genuine occupational requirement to be a practicing Christian - Exempted under the Equality Act 2010).
Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.